Jon Rahm is the favorite to win the event in his hometown once again.
Rahm, a Phoenix native and Arizona State graduate, is a +700 favorite to win the Waste Management Phoenix Open at TPC Scottsdale this week, according to PointsBet Sportsbook.
Rahm has never finished worse than T-16 in six WMPO starts. However, he hasn’t truly competed, with his highest performance being a T-9 in 2020. In 2015, he tied for sixth place as an amateur.
The next best odds are for Justin Thomas (+1200), Patrick Cantlay (+1400), Hideki Matsuyama (+1600), and Jordan Spieth (+1600). Spieth tied for fourth after a closing 72 last year, his third top-10 in five career starts; Thomas finished third in back-to-back starts before a T-13 last year; Cantlay is making his tournament debut; Matsuyama won consecutive titles at TPC Scottsdale in 2016 and 2017, but has only cracked the top 15 once in his last four trips; and Matsuyama won consecutive titles at TPC Scottsdale in 2016 and 2017, but has only cracked the top 15 once in his last four trips.
The following are some noteworthy odds for this week’s Phoenix Open:
- +700: Jon Rahm
- +1200: Justin Thomas
- +1400: Patrick Cantlay
- +1600: Hideki Matsuyama, Viktor Hovland
- +1800: Jordan Spieth
- +2000: Xander Schauffele
- +2800: Brooks Koepka, Daniel Berger, Scottie Scheffler
- +3300: Sam Burns, Tony Finau, Webb Simpson
- +4000: Adam Scott, Bubba Watson, Louis Oosthuizen, Matt Fitzpatrick, Russell Henley, Seamus Power
- +5000: Abraham Ancer, Billy Horschel, Corey Conners, Harold Varner III, Talor Gooch
Leave a Reply