At this week’s AT&T Byron Nelson, Scottie Scheffler is the pre-tournament betting favorite over a strong field.
PointsBet Sportsbook has Scheffler at +900 odds, just ahead of Justin Thomas at +1300 and Xander Schauffele at +1800. According to OWGR, this week’s field at TPC Craig Ranch has a 387 strength of field, therefore Jordan Spieth is +2000 with Sam Burns.
The Nelson is the PGA Tour’s 10th toughest tournament this year, just ahead of the Valspar and behind the RBC Heritage. It’s the non-major, non-invitational event with the fourth most difficult field.
Scheffler will compete in his local Tour event for the fourth time. In 2014, he tied for 22nd place as a high school senior. In his two pro appearances, he’s finished T-35 (2019) and T-47 (last year). Thomas has only competed in this tournament once, finishing in a tie for 55th place in 2015.
For the 11th time, Spieth will compete in the Nelson. Last year, he tied for ninth, his first top-10 finish in this event.
For this week’s Nelson, here are some notable odds:
- +900: Scottie Scheffler
- +1300: Justin Thomas
- +1800: Xander Schauffele
- +2000: Jordan Spieth, Sam Burns
- +2200: Dustin Johnson, Will Zalatoris
- +2500: Hideki Matsuyama
- +2800: Brooks Koepka, Joaquin Niemann
- +3300: Tommy Fleetwood
- +4000: Aaron Wise, Jason Day, Jhonattan Vegas, Maverick McNealy, Seamus Power, Talor Gooch
- +5000: Adam Hadwin, Adam Scott, Alex Noren, Brian Harman, Jason Kokrak, Marc Leishman, Matt Kuchar